by Judy Baldinger
6 months ago
Whether you call your current situation social isolation or social distancing, it hasn’t been easy. Being away from family, friends, jobs and routines is tough. How can we can positively use the time we are all home? While many things are out of our control, we still have control of our attitude! A positive attitude will prevail further than any binge of the latest Netflix release.
Reframe this time and spend some of it nesting. Nesting is any “means of turning a living space into a place of comfort, belonging, and physical and emotional stability.” Start improving your living space by cleaning up. Yes, that cream under the sink you keep planning to use expired in 2006.
Time to clean out. Psychologists believe that cleaning your clutter helps clear your mind too. At Pedicurian we start from the ground up.
How do I know what to discard?
Discard expired and ineffective products and tools.
Get rid of old, smelly or misshapen shoes.
Do those gold platforms still fit into my life?
Reevaluate your foot care routine by getting to know your feet. Podiatrists advocate keeping the skin and nails of your feet healthy and smooth. As simple as this advice is it actually prevents serious problems.
- The most important foot health advice that we give is to keep your feet free of cracks and abrasions. Make sure your skin is hydrated and smooth, and nails are not digging into your skin. Breaks in the skin create an opening for fungus and bacteria.
- It may be your shoes, or it may be your feet. Check to see where corns and calluses develop and spot pad.
- Improve alignment and foot comfort with orthotics.
- Develop your own wind down foot care routine. Cleanse, soak and massage to relax you from toe to head.
How Do I know what products work?
I have paced up and down the aisles of the store, browsed online and asked friends. It all seems so confusing. Pedicurian.com has a select group of products that is approved by a podiatrist. We would not sell anything that is not recommended to our patients. Many or our products have “medical grade ingredients” That means our products:
- Penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
- Are typically proven safer and
- Work harder for you.
- Many have been around for over 25 years.
The world will be different upon reentry. Prepare to keep moving from the ground up.
Wishing that all of you are safe and healthy.