Summer Feet Reset
by Judy Baldinger
7 months ago
Summer is here and the needs of your feet change with the weather. Just like you change your shoes, you should change your foot care routine. Stay safe down to your toes.
Six Summer Foot Health Risks:
- Exposing your toes and skin to the elements. More cracked heels and infections of the nails and skin.
- Sun exposure. Wear sunscreen down to your toes.
- Barefeet. Sure it feels great, but walking without socks which makes your feet dirty and grimy. Shoes rub and your feet develop corns, blisters and abrasions.
- Sweating more (and the sweat causes odor). It is hot outside.
- Swelling, again it’s the heat.
Devote some extra time to getting to know your feet, their problems and invest in some solutions (available at Pedicurian). Happy, healthy feet will keep you moving.
Your summer feet reset.
- Keep your feet clean and the skin intact.
- Moisturize to keep the skin of your feet healthy.
- Treat and protect corns, blisters, abrasions and cracks to prevent infection.
- Easily control sweat and smell.
- Pad as necessary.
- Try to protect your feet as much as possible with socks and shoes.
- Wear sunscreen down to your toes.
- Wear foot covering in public bathing areas.
- Keep your feet and entire body cool. Drink enough water.
- Pamper. Try a cooling restorative soak at the end of the day.
This may seem like a long list of stuff to do. A few extra seconds of care may keep you going a few extra miles each day.
Make this a part of your beauty/grooming routine. You wash your face at least once a day, your brush your teeth twice a day. Your feet are just as important.Check out our summer orthotic and cast guard.